Tuesday, July 19, 2011

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I love my new haircut and color. Sharla, the best hair lady in the world, did an amazing job. I only wish I could afford to have her cut my hair every few months.  I definitely got what I paid for though. I’ve never had a better cut.  Sharla has naturally curly hair too, so she knows what’s up. 

Here it is after Sharla straightened it. It was sunny inside, I NEEDED my sunglasses.

Here it is after I colored it and styled it curly.  I get better at it every day. 

I’ve been getting a lot of jewelry lately and haven’t had anywhere to put it. It usually sits on my bathroom shelf which is NOT what a bathroom shelf is for.  So, I decided I needed a jewelry tree and that I would make my own out of natural branches placed in an empty IBC Root Beer bottle. We gathered branches and I got to work. Some of the branches didn’t have enough branch levels, so I used yarn and fastened a new branch on, kind of like what I’d do if I was stranded on an island and needed to tie logs together to make a raft (only I’d use vine or tall grass or something).

I spray painted the branches and put a few floral beads in the bottom of the bottle. These beads start out tiny and then grow bigger as you keep them in water. They’re slimy and kind of remind me of eyeballs.
When it was all finished I was very pleased. My dear Watson said it was definitely a cool invention. I liked that compliment.  So now my jewelry hangs on a tree in my bathroom. I’m not sure how long the tree will hold up, but for now it is gracing our bathroom with all of its natural beauty.






I made that thing on the wall. It's a bed and breakfast tray that I painted, painted a different color, sanded and mod podged those square pictures on (I got those pictures at Ikea - a 5 pk for $.99). I also arranged those fake flowers which now rest on my bathroom shelf. Flowers DO belong on a bathroom shelf. 





5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your hair! The jewelry holder is an awesome idea, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool invention indeed! Love that tray too!! I'm super jealous of your fun new haircut. I'm trying to decide if I want to cut mine off again...so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your hair! What a creative idea for your jewelery and I love the photo frame idea too. Nice job Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you make that cool tall skinny contemporary piece in the corner too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Russell, the giant pipe came with the house.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Leave me a message...I love them.