Sunday, March 25, 2012

Recipe of the Week: Joe's and Maple Dijon Vinaigrette

Holy cow...where've you been? I've been blogging away and no body is reading a single post.

Ok. I haven't been blogging as much in the last 2 weeks.  With my new job, things have really picked up.

It's amazing how much more confident a person can feel when they have a job that allows them to make decisions, carry out decisions, and take ownership of things. This job was made for me.  I actually LIKE going to work.

Alright, now to the good stuff. Recipe of the Week:

Sloppy Joe's

I know, I know. I'm sure we ALL have our own sloppy joe recipe, but even so, this one is worth trying.  It's so tasty! I could eat it with a spoon.


1 Tbsp. butter
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
2 tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. ground black pepper
¼ cup chopped onion
1 cup ketchup
¼ cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. Red Wine vinegar
1 tsp. salt
6 count hamburger buns

Melt the 1 Tbsp. butter in a medium saucepan or skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the onion
until soft. Add the meat and cook and stir until it is thoroughly cooked. Drain and return to the pan.

Add the ketchup, 1/4 cup of the water (or less), brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, chili powder, salt and pepper.

Simmer for 20 minutes. I usually add a little more red wine vinegar and Worcestershire until it gets to the best taste.



Ew.  Sloppy Joe's do NOT make the best pictures.  For this meal we also had a red, orange pepper salad with craisins, feta and Maple Dijon Vinaigrette.  The Vinaigrette was really good!


Dijon Maple Salad Dressing
1 Tablespoon (heaping) Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup (more To Taste)
1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar (more To Taste)
1/4 cup Olive Oil
Salt And Pepper, to taste

In a small jar, mix Dijon, maple syrup, vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Put the lid on the jar and shake!



1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I really want to try new dressing recipes, so thank you. I read all of your post but don't always comment. Sometimes blogger gives you a hard time posting comments. I've tried on several occassions to post a comment and it doesn't go through. That happens to me on Andy's blog sometimes too! I'm glad you post every week, makes me feel like I live right by you! Okay, I'm going to click publish. Crossing my fingers. . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Leave me a message...I love them.