Saturday, May 19, 2012

Arches

I loved the hike to Delicate Arch. It was my first time ever seeing it anywhere other than on a license plate.

The feeling as we looked down at the arch was strangely quite reverent. It seemed like no one dared speak above a whisper, and if you did, you immediately seemed out of place.  The air was still and we just sat there in awe and wonder at such an incredible creation.  How does something like that just happen? I know it's the handiwork of God, who created all things, and especially beautiful things like that for the enjoyment and benefit of man. I can't help but wonder if people who don't believe God created all things, maybe get a little piece of that feeling as they see things like this.

The rules on the arches website talk about how out of courtesy to the many people taking photographs, you shouldn't spend much time under the arch. So we each took a quick turn underneath and just took one picture. It was truly amazing.

On the way back from our hike (it's about 1.5 miles each way, so 3 total) my knee started hurting real bad.  That was another beginning to more of my never ending IT band saga.  I'll leave that for another post.

This is just a rock as we were driving to the delicate arch trail head. 

I think this is called 3sisters.It's also just along the road to the trail head. 

Balancing rock. A famous one at Arches. 

Balancing rock again. 

I just about stepped on this guy. 

See Delicate Arch in the background?

Some wind-blowing action going on with my hair. 

It was kind of over-cast, so we  didn't get a crisp blue sky, but it was  still cool anyway.  I think that's me standing under the arch. 

A nice guy offered to take this picture for us.

Me and my twin sister. Actually, that's just my not quite 11 year old niece, Kaitlyn. 

Me and Brynn! My dear Watson keeps messing up these pictures! He's been in the back ground of the last two. 

Me and Ellie! She's a big 5 year old now. 

Me and my big sis. I'm actually not THAT much taller than her....I was on a little hill. But I am taller than her. 

Us!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Leave me a message...I love them.