Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Proud to be a Woman

I just wanted to make it known that I know I am a daughter of God, Who loves me, and I love Him.  I will stand as a witness of Him at all times, in all things and in all places. I will live the principles of the gospel which will prepare me to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple and enjoy the blessings of exaltation. I believe there is a divinity and nobility to womanhood that if we truly understood, would never make us question our worth to the Lord or in His Church.  I am separate but equal in my roles and responsibilities -- I am not the same as the men in my home or in the Church and I don't desire to be the same as them. We are different and endowed with different gifts and responsibilities; as such, I am happy to exist in a separate but equal realm. I know the Lord doesn't view me as any less important, worthy or capable as men in the Church. I don't need to see a woman pray in General Conference or be a Sunday School president, have the priesthood or wear pants to church to feel like I am contributing to building His Kingdom.

When Cain and Abel were asked to make sacrifices to the Lord, Cain brought the fruit of the ground but Abel brought the firstlings of his flock - the best of the best in honor and respect to the Lord. "And the Lord had respect unto Abel".  I choose to sacrifice my best, wear my best, do and be my best all for the Lord because I love Him and I know He loves me.

Every woman possesses within them the ability to build God's kingdom on earth; to make a significant impact on generations if they will but rise to the occasion.  Embrace your unique strengths, talents and divine nature and rise to the top; teach our young women to shine bright in whatever purpose they discover they have come to earth to accomplish.  As a woman I don't need to hold the priesthood, or any high calling for that matter, in order to accomplish a great work and receive all the blessing available to me.

My exaltation is not contingent upon my ability or opportunity to do everything that men can do.  It's contingent upon my doing whatever the Lord has instructed me to do. I feel like I have every blessing that comes from the priesthood already.  I know the Lord has something incredible in store for the faithful; no matter their gender, roles, responsibilities, or leadership positions.

The Church is true, so what else matters?


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting! Leave me a message...I love them.