Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Every Day a New Day

Remember last post when I made this comment:

"He eats and then sleeps or sometimes he likes to be awake looking around, but I don't have to always hold him in order for him to be happy."

It's like he knew I posted that and wanted to prove me wrong. I have a strong-willed son, that's for sure.  He may have his daddy's looks, but he's got my temperament.  Today I pretty much had to hold him all day long.  He's so gassy...it seems really painful. Every time I put him down he wakes up and cries.  I feel bad for him because I'm sure it's really uncomfortable. I had bad gas issues all throughout my pregnancy, so I'm not surprised he's got them too. Gas isn't fun, so I feel like he needs his momma to comfort him.

But, it sure does make it hard to accomplish anything. And, it makes it hard to be sane.  I cried some tears right along with him today.  On another note, he did really well last night. Woke up only twice and slept soundly between feedings. I even got to sleep in my bed most of the night instead of on the couch like usual. I usually take him out of our room for feedings and stuff so I don't wake my dear Watson. He's got enough on his plate with school stuff.

Speaking of school stuff, my dear Watson has been gone all day today and won't be home until late tonight.  It's his one day a week of going to the other campus for Anatomy, and he's staying after to study in the cadaver lab.  Sad day.

Well something I'm learning is that with a new baby, each day is a new day.  Just because he was good yesterday doesn't mean he'll be good today, and just because he was bad today doesn't mean he'll be bad tomorrow.  It's kind of the only thing that gives me relief during these rough hours.  Tomorrow might be different.

And, that fact that he's so cute.


His cute little hand!

I thought this outfit was adorable.  It didn't take long for him to get poop all over it and my outfit though :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Leave me a message...I love them.