Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pregnancy #1

I’m buckling down. I really want to start blogging again. We have a lot going on this year and we’ll be moving soon so I need a way to document our adventures. I know, no one even reads blogs anymore. Unless you’re a famous blogger, blogs are a thing of the past. 

So I guess I’ll call it a journal. But not the kind of journal that I would be mortified if others read (like that time when I was in high school and you read MY journal that was in MY bathroom, Russ. Remember?).  Maybe it won’t  be called a journal. Maybe it will be called a means of documenting our real lives. Whatever. It’s a blog.

A few thoughts about life these days.
  1.  I’m pregnant. 26 weeks pregnant and I feel huge. Sometimes I worry my belly is going to rip in half. My poor back can’t quite support this growing belly.  It’s fun to feel my little boy moving around and kicking, although sometimes it feels like someone is punching me in the gut. I get SO excited thinking about what he'll look like (I'm hoping for brown hair, not red. I know, I'm bad).
  2. I’m very much opposed to posting belly pictures on Facebook.  
  3. It took everyone a long time before they decided I was actually pregnant. No one was convinced I'm pregnant until around 20 weeks. I may not be big compared to anyone else, but compared to me, I’m gigantic.  Yesterday I was really feeling the sadness of my changing body.  It’s a natural feeling so I won’t beat myself up over it. I used to be skinny and fit and now I am not skinny and I run 12 minute miles. Things may never go back to the way they were before, but maybe they will. I guess my child bearing years are only a small portion of my life. I'll have control again someday. 
  4. Baby is due May 11th and we have to be in Portland, Maine for grad school by May 26th.  So we're kind of on a time crunch and I'm hoping baby boy decides to come early...but not too early because I need to work until May 5th to get insurance for the entire month of May.  So pretty much what I'm saying is nothing unexpected can happen and everything just has to go according to plan. That's not too much to ask, right?
Next time I'll tell you all about our sweet and amazing landlord who passed away last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Leave me a message...I love them.