Thursday, December 15, 2011

Magical

Well, I just remembered that I'm NOT a fashion designer, so I'm back to Earth now.
I think Christmas lights are magical.
This is the view from my side of the bed.


Isn't it amazing? I love to look up from my reading to see the tree in all its radiance. It takes my breath away.
I wish we could keep Christmas lights on our houses all year long.



Growing up, we always had several different advent calendars all around the house. Most of them involved eating a piece of candy each day. I think we had to fight over who got to do which advent each day.  I think I also remember sneaking candy from the advent calendars a few days before the actual date. If any of my siblings ever ended up with an empty advent on their day I'd like to apologize. Don't beat me up.

Here are our only advent calendars for this year (2 more than last year).  Mom gave us this one.


And I made this one with some of my nieces.


I have informed my dear Watson that I will be collecting advents from now on so that when we have lots of kids and a house, we'll have lots of candy filled advents for our kids to fight over and steal candy from. Sigh....now that's what Christmas is all about.

*** I added a new recipe under my Recipe of the Week tab. It's delicious and is sure to be a hit at your next Christmas party!

1 comment:

  1. I have no fashion sense. My super power would be to snap a random outfit and it would stop the bad guy in his tracks cause he would be like, "Whoa, that totally doesn't go together."

    And I love Christmas trees and lights! As I was reading this I had to peek across the "hall" (kitchen) and steal a glance at ours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Leave me a message...I love them.