Thursday, December 1, 2011

Time

We have two calendars hanging up in our spare room. A Watson calendar and a Porter calendar. I flipped them both to the month of December, and it hit me: we were given these calendars for Christmas last year, and Christmas is almost here this year which means......the calendars end after this month! You mean, we've flipped through a whole year's worth of months? It was shocking. Has a year really passed by already?

I walked over to the lobby at work and looked out the window at the little patio area. Sometimes, when the weather is nice, I read a book on one of the benches.  There is a tree about every 3 feet on this patio and they are usually full of beautiful leaves.  This time though, as I looked out at the trees I could count how many leaves were on them; and they weren't green or red or yellow, they were dried up and brown. Where the heck did all the leaves go? I'm serious, it was like it was just yesterday that the leaves were in full bloom.

Where.is.time.going?

I don't always mind that time flies by right now, because I don't particularly love the stage of life we're in at the moment.  I know eventually I'll look back and love it, but while we're in it I have a hard time wishing it would last forever. You know, the still in school, working full time, no family yet, no career path yet etc... stage of life. It's a lot of waiting around trying to figure things out.  But something tells me that when we're in a stage of life we enjoy a little better, time is not going to slow down any-- and I don't think I'm okay with that.

My brother and his fam got a dog, (a cockapoo) and I'm jealous. (Which I didn't think I would be. dogs poop.) She is the cutest thing I ever saw AND she laid her head on my shoulder...seriously. 

I added a recipe to my new Favorite Recipe of the Week tab up at the top. Check it out, because it's delicious and I'm sure you'll want to make it.

Peace.

How long a minute is, depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on.  ~Zall's Second Law

Time is making fools of us again.  ~J.K. Rowling

4 comments:

  1. Bloom Where You are Planted! It doesn't slow down and don't get a dog--you'll regret it. Trust. Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you trust Sarah about a dog, when she has never loved or been loved by one? Just saying......

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are funny. I love it when there is a conversation happening in the comment section:)

    Abby, I remember feeling the same way you are, but I had two kids!! I was supporting Ben while he went to school and working full time. If you went back in my journal you would see things like, "I hate my life." "I'm so depressed."

    I was talking to my neighbor one day and telling him how nice it will be when Ben graduates and how nice it will be when I get to stay at home and so on. . .he told me that I should "be happy now." President Uckdorf said the same words during the R.S. broadcast not too long ago.

    That is some of the best advice any one has given me. Find joy in what is happening right now in your life. I know it is easier said than done, but you will be all the better.

    You are a wonderful woman and I know you will figure it out:)

    Sorry so long.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Leave me a message...I love them.