Thursday, August 14, 2014

Break Week 1

Here is a snapshot of what we've been doing during the first half of my dear Watson's break:

Tuesday (Aug 6)
My dear Watson finished up the semester and successfully passed all his classes. He did quite well in Anatomy even, and that was the most difficult class. He's sort of a natural when it comes to the body. That sounds weird. His classmates had a pool party that afternoon, so we went, and left before it got too crazy. "Why is all the rum gone?" (Pirates of the Caribbean quote)

Wednesday (Aug 7)
Laundry day! That means we stayed inside. I have to walk my laundry over to the neighbors, up the stairs, and according to her schedule: so it's sort of an all day thing.

Thursday (Aug 8)
We went to Guardians of the Galaxy. It wasn't a bad movie, but it doesn't even come close to the caliber of the other Marvels if you ask me. We also had fresh spring rolls for dinner at a friends house; full of shrimp and tofu. It was a new experience for us both, but actually tasted pretty good. I made pecan cupcakes with a delicious vanilla whipped frosting.

Friday (Aug 9)
We went to Sebago Lake. It was a dream. Perfect weather, semi- warm water, and a lot of relaxing. I even got in...all the way, which tells you it was warm-ish. I've been to the beach a million times here and have never more than stepped in.
This is the lake. It was really cool for kids because the beach is only about 8 feet from the water so you can sit by your stuff and be close to your kids as they play in the water. We tried to put Redd in but he screamed. It was too cold for him I guess.

Saturday (Aug 10)
Stopped at the farmers market at Deering Oaks. I've never seen so much produce at a farmers market. The markets in Utah are more homemade craft stuff than actual produce. We ended up with some fresh green beans and corn on the cob which I whipped up for dinner that night. We also walked around the mall and ate lunch at a Philly CheeseSteak place. It was delish.

Sunday (Aug 11)
 Church. My dear Watson gave a great talk about enduring to the end. Sunday evening we went to Bug Light Park to see a lighthouse and fly a kite. It's an itty bitty lighthouse which is why they call it bug light. The kites people were flying in the park were incredible. Like sky ballerinas floating gracefully in the wind. They were big, made of fabric, and went way high up. Our kite was stellar too. 1/2 off at Marden's so about a dollar, plastic, and reached close to 75 feet. At least we got it in the air.
That's our little kite at the top right, the yellow and purple things on bottom left are the other, bigger kites. Here's a video: 

There will be more later, but for now, here are some cute videos of our little guy.

This is him playing with his keys. 

This is him laughing with my dear Watson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Leave me a message...I love them.